Indigenous Curatorial Collective
Office Administration Assistant
Location: Toronto, ON
Contract: 8 weeks
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 10 am – 4 pm
The Office Administration Assistant (OAF) will provide invaluable support to the organization through the maintenance and care of the 401 Richmond offices, responding to and/or relaying communication from our community members in a timely fashion, as well as general record keeping. The OAF will directly report to the Executive Director and be in dialogue with the ICCA Board.
- Maintain onsite upkeep of office supplies (computers, printers, etc) and liaise with site contractors.
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material.
- Respond to general inquiries and correspondence.
- Maintain recordkeeping systems and manage the resource library.
As the ICCA is an organization founded and run by and for Indigenous people, it is important that this role is filled by an Indigenous person who can confidently demonstrate their connection to their Indigenous community/ies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
- An attention to detail, the ability to work well independently.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
- Basic administration experience.
Applicants are to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the following within a single PDF:
- A letter of interest, please also include how you define your relationship to your community/ies
- A curriculum vitae
- Name, title / affiliation, and contact details of two references (note that references will only be contacted for short listed applicants after they have gone through the first interview process)
Review of applications will begin on May 10, 2023 and will continue until filled